And with all of that love and wedding planning in the air, it can be hard to think about the boring parts of a marriage.
So I want to make it easy for you. Here are a few things you need to think about in regards to your insurance policies when you tie the knot.
1. Combine your auto insurance policies. If you both own a vehicle, the easiest thing to do is combine your policies by adding your spouse and their vehicle to your policy. Or if one of you drives a company car, you may still qualify for a multi-car discount. We can take care of this in just a few minutes!
2. Make sure you and your spouse are listed on every policy. You both need to be on the homeowners or renters insurance so you can get assistance if needed. Do all of them at the same time and you won’t have to worry about it again.
3. Combine your auto and home insurance policies. Make sure that your auto and homeowners policies are with the same carrier or agent. This will allow you to maximize your multi-policy discounts which can save you up to 26%.
4. Schedule an overall review. When you combine two households you will obviously have more belongings! Speak with your agent and verify that you have enough content and liability insurance to cover the total amount of assets.
5. Purchase life insurance. It’s your honeymoon and you don’t want to think about death, but now is the time to get this very important coverage in place. It doesn’t cost much and will give you peace of mind that the person you love will be taken care of in the future. It’s really the very best gift you can give to those you love.
The best part of this? It doesn’t have to be hard! In fact, one short appointment can take care of every item on the list. Give us a call at 717-626-8555 to schedule a review with one of our agents today.